- If they have not mentioned God or faith in their message(s) so far, let them know that you believe that prayer is powerful and that you would like to pray for them right now.
- You may want to include a statement like, “Would it be okay if I prayed for you right now?”
- Don’t feel compelled to pray for everything all at once. Short prayers over time are a powerful encouragement.
- Assure them of God’s presence, power and love.
- Make it personal by using their name at least once in the body of the prayer.
- Incorporate Scripture in your prayer whenever possible, especially if your mentee is a believer.