- How would you describe your current spiritual walk? In what area(s) does it need strengthened? How do you plan to make that happen?
- How often are you attending church? What kind of regular fellowship are you
having with other Christians?
- What are you doing to provide spiritual input for yourself? How about spiritual
training/input for your children?
- Who is it that helps you stay accountable?
- Have you talked to the Lord about your feelings regarding this deployment? What concerns have you been able to share with your spouse?
- How often do you pray together with your spouse? As a family?
- In what ways have you given control of your deployment over to God? In what ways are you still fighting for control?
- How would you describe the health of your marriage? How would your spouse answer that question?
- How committed are you to your marriage? How would your spouse respond to that question?
- What steps are you taking to ensure that you stay sexually pure during the time you are apart?
- How do you plan to keep the lines of communication open while your spouse is deployed?
- How do you plan to stay spiritually connected?
- After you deploy, what network of friends can help your spouse and children cope with your absence?
- How can I help you to prepare yourself and your family for this deployment?